Get more information on our various departments.
All services offered in the facility.
Our Special Clinics
Welcome To Mbagathi County Referral Hospital
Mbagathi hospital, initially known as South Hill Hospital for Infectious Diseases was commissioned by Sir Fredrick Crawford in 1956.It opened its doors to its first patient for isolation as an extension of the current Kenyatta National Hospital, formerly known as the King George VI Hospital. The targeted diseases for isolation included Tuberculosis, Measles, Cholera, Diarrheal Epidemics, Leprosy, Meningitis, Plague among others. For a long time Mbagathi was popularly known as Infectious Diseases Hospital (IDH). The bed capacity has since grown from 266 to the current 320.
The hospital is a referral facility for Nairobi Metropolis catchment area. The average daily outpatient workload is about 1000 patients, with an inpatient bed occupancy of 200%. The hospital offers 24-hour services which include: Medical, Surgical, Rehabilitative, Diagnostic and Mortuary services.
We are located at Kenyatta Golf Course Location, Kibra sub-county; Woodley/golf course ward in Nairobi County. We are adjacent to the Kibra informal settlement. The facility catchment population of more than one million people.
Meet Mbagathi Hospital Chief Executive Officer
Mbagathi County Referral Hospital is committed to deliver Quality Health Care services in line with H.E. Governor Johnson Sakaja’s vision. To achieve this, the entire team is focused on making the facility a center of excellence in service delivery. Its our endeared covenant with the people of Nairobi, that we shall provide affordable, accessible and available quality health care at all times within the framework of patient centered care and customer focused philosophy.
Here at Mbagathi hospital, we care more and believe that our people deserve quality, timely and excellent health care that we strive to deliver.
Patients served daily
Working for Mbagathi